Sunday, December 16, 2007

Us 0 Tonbridge Angels 0

I’ve gone cold. I’m dead inside. I can’t get excited or angry about drawing with Tonbridge Angels. I don’t know who Tonbridge Angels are. I don’t know whether the FA Trophy is something I want us to win. This is a marriage gone cold.

Don’t get me wrong; I’m not leaving. I’m too old and set in my ways to go looking for someone else. I mean, I’ve thought about it, Watford’s not that far away, and even Milton Keynes Dons. But quite frankly I’ve been off the market too long. I wouldn’t know how to go about it. It would only be for the companionship, not the thrill of something new. I’m not going to just walk away either; I wouldn’t know what to do with myself, and, well, neither would they.

Who knows, maybe a little Christmas cheer will brighten things up. Every year I think Christmas will brighten things up, but, quite frankly, how often does it live up to expectations?

Aldershot in the Setanta Shield next week. Us, out of form, unable to score, away to the favourites in a competition nobody gives a monkeys about. Thrilling.

No comments: